"The world is but a canvas to the imagination." -HDT

Monday, July 12, 2010

Thoughts.

My mind keeps turning over the last two days' events.  I've been stressed... so stressed that I almost blew a cash register up at work yesterday, and that my friends, takes a lot of talent.  So for all you moms out there, never bring me a wic tender and expect it to be done right, something will end up catching on fire or someone will end up crying, never fails.  I already gave MB this threat and she just laughed at me saying that it take a lot of talent to blow up a cash register... but I almost did it, I can defy gravity.

My brother is trapped in the house with a broken ankle... you can just imagine what that's been like...

Yesterday in church we were told that even if we were die hard Carolina fans (which I am), and an NC State fan was hurt on the side of the road, even he is our neighbor and we must help him.  I think I was the only one who laughed.  It would have been better if Pastor had said Duke, then I would have really laughed.

I swear I think my brain is at least 70% song lyrics.

And The Closer marathon cancelled my back to back to back to back episodes of Bones tonight. Why TNT, why must you betray me this way. I wait 6 nights a week for Monday night, and you cancel it? Fail.

However, through this mess, God calmed me down today.
I have someone from my past who won't leave me be, I'm hoping they'll eventually figure out the reason for me ignoring their texts and phone calls.  I also have an elusive German boy who managed to turn his phone into chopped suey, aka Nate who broke his phone and forgot to tell me.  Thus I had to break the facebook fast in order to get a hold of him to confirm Thursday's plans.
 But all is well, because right before Nate actually got back to me, my amazing facebook app "God Wants You To Know" told me that if I trust God in times that I'm concerned that things won't work out, they actually will work out.  It's all about finding the faith to trust in God.
And lookey there, 15 minutes later I get a message from Nate, explaining what happened and proclaiming that he would send me a carrier pigeon to keep in touch with me.  So things are on for Thursday with the second family and I can hardly contain my excitement. I just hope my cat doesn't eat this so called carrier pigeon...


I have finished wrapping Nate and MB's "I missed you and can't wait to actually give you hugs" gifts. I'll tell you what's inside when I know they won't read this.  I also finished wrapping Zach's waaaaaaay late on multiple levels, Birthday present. I really can't wait to see my amazing best friends.  MB, Nate, Zach, Alex, and Corbin, all together again!  Basically counting down the days to get to Sanford, never thought I'd say that about Sanford.  And I'm beyond excited for MB coming to live with me for three days.  Come on Wednesday! 



This is my newest project to keep my mind off things, I have no idea what color I want to paint it or if I want to do any fun designs, but I'm excited and already know where I'm going to put it in the dorm room. Move-in is so close, and I still have to meet up with my consoler about changing my major, next year is going to be weird, let's see what God has in store.


This is my recent goal: 
to actually finish Three Cups of Tea
I think I've tried to read this at least 5 times, 
but never have I actually finished due to other distractions. 
So this is my life right now, 
read this book,
learn how to help the world, 
and drink hot tea every night... 
even if it's 90 degrees outside. 




And finally I watched this episode of Bones, the finale of Season 4, The Beginning of the End.  I straight up cried like a baby.  Such an amazing episode and the narration at the end of the episode kills me: 

"When you love someone, you open yourself up to suffering. That's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. That's the burden. Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens that allow us to fly." 

Let's just quote what my heart has been feeling exactly, oh gracious.  Friends, if you already haven't, go watch this. You won't be disappointed. 

Well loves, I leave you with these musings, though they don't really make much sense, I'm sure.  It's been a typical Monday. How was your weekend? Any adventures? 

Happy Almost Tuesday! 
xoxo
-anya:)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails