"I believe in music the way some people believe in fairy tales"
August Rush was just on Lifetime,
and how could I keep myself from watching it for the twentieth time?
so here are my thoughts.
- Homeless kids break my heart, I just want to scoop them all up and take them home.
- It annoys me when things are filmed in New York and Chicago and you see the person running around, and they are in a totally different part of the city than the movie is actually implying they are.
- I remember the night Nate and I stayed up doing laundry in the laundry room and watched this movie while drawing architecture sketches. Such a good night.
- I've seen this movie over twenty times and still cry at the end.
- The music gives me chills. CHILLS, every single time!
- August Rush gives me false hope that I can learn the piano in under 24 hours.
- It reminds me of the time that my childhood friend, Nash and I went on a triple date with our friends... it was supposed to be a double date but AJ and Thomas showed up so we just considered it a triple date. Really awkward having to explain that one.
- Robin Williams' character in this movie really makes me dislike men, just saying.
- I should really practice the guitar more than I do.
- And learn to play the cello part to August Rhapsody on bassoon.
- Mostly this movie reminds me that music exceeds all boundaries and never fails at bringing people together. That my friends, makes my heart sing with joy!
- And my favorite, a reminder from Ally on her thoughts on Jonathan Rhys Meyers....