Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Getting the word out around campus!
(if you go to UNCG, you should totally
come out and join us)
Friday, September 24, 2010
Although we're leaving for the Cru Fall Retreat today (woot woot!!) We've still had the yearning to get away from Greensboro/Asheboro. And as much as we love everyone here, certain things have just bogged my spirit down.
Last week, MB and I were talking about getting away from town, although neither of us expected our schedules to clear up in order to go anywhere. That is until God decided to step in last night :)
MB and Nate were supposed to go on a field trip next week, however the date changed for it. What are we doing instead? BOONE ROADTRIP!!!
I'm so excited to go visit my Oma and Opa with Nate and MB, words cannot describe. God has perfect timing, and He knows exactly what you need, when you it, and my friends, we all really needed this! So excited!! :D
Sunday, September 19, 2010
This past week has been a mess, medically and emotionally.
I'm crampy, moody, emotionally unstable, laughing at everything, crying at everything else, my mood swings are that of a pregnant menopausal women, and I really dislike the human race as of Thursday. And my doctor is running an underground vampire harvest... I mean really, 3 vials of blood for 2 tests? Something's up.
But on the upside of things, I'm so blessed to have my two best friends.
When my hormones insist on having a party and my brain is freaking out as the result, they never fail to come to the rescue. MB armed with Ben and Jerry's Cheesecake Brownie ice cream and 500 Days of Summer, allowing me to do whatever needed to be done to feel human again (digesting sugar, not the best thing for me, but it was incredible at the time.) And then there's Nate who earlier in the night, accidentally knocked me up the steps trying to hug me...or was it a tackle? And continued to tell me that love hurts and as they picked me up and hugged me, while I remained stunned. But I know he had good intentions and at least MB tried to catch me. However, after all that wreck of my emotional wants to cry at the Lawndale Orchestra and Choir Retreat, because they were playing A Baby Changes Everything. And the fact that when I can't hear myself think, I get a little freaked out. And between all that there was the insane high point where Mr. B, our orchestra director went on stage to rap about snow, my body was on complete remix from the confusion of emotions.
So what better way to end the night than to watch indie films past midnight with MB (even if we both fell asleep by the ending scene)? Except when all of your guy friends back in your dorm have gone home and you know for a fact, that Nate is asleep. But because it's dark and no one is on campus and you're desperate, you call Nate and anyway. And what does he do? Sleepily tell you he's on his way to pick you up in five minutes. Sweet, sweet, Nate. Sweet, let's me get away with anything, but still holds me accountable, MB.
I love how no matter what happens, no matter how upset or how much nonsense I'm talking, God still allows them to stay in my life. Blessed, so, so blessed.
So simple, so beautiful. So Russian.
Monday, September 13, 2010
I'm so behind on blogging, be prepared for three big blogs coming up this week...
But for now, recent thoughts and random doings from the past week:
- The fact that Nate insists on holding my bassoon like a bazooka, makes me laugh, but also makes me extremely nervous at the same time.
- I love the fact that MB and I go to the market with full intentions on grabbing food and doing homework... but it actually turns into a night of watching movie trailers and eating jello.
- I will never get tired of study sessions with Nate and MB that are interrupted by God talk. It happens all the time but I'm alright with that.
- Crunchy leaves on the ground = crunchy leaf hopping competition down the school of music bridge.
- Cru Fall Retreat is next weekend! And I was blessed enough to win a raffle for the scholarship. Can't wait for a weekend of fellowship and worship!
- People amaze me... for all the wrong reasons.
- North Spencer dorm insists on not replacing toilet paper. I'm not okay with that. So I took a permanent marker and wrote: "Dear Empty Toilet Paper Roll, we really must stop meeting this way. Kthanks, Anya"
- Nate does things to make me happy that would probably make other people very unhappy. But I love him for it cause it really does make my day.
- The fact that the Kingdom Come album made it on the itunes homepage makes me super excited. You HAVE to check this cd out!
- Bones season 6 starts September 23rd, I can hardly contain myself!
- I realized the other day that my weeks literally revolve around God, it pretty much makes my life.
- Monday: morning prayer group
- Tuesday: CRU
- Wednesday: Lawndale
- Thursday: Bible Study
- Sunday: Lawndale
- Dear Blank Please Blank is possibly the best website to ever happen to mankind.
- Happy Birthday Bella Swan? False.
- I'm digging this weather, cardigans and jeans, yes please. Fall, you should stay awhile, make yourself comfy :)
- New Jersey Housewives floored me on their reunion show. Danielle, you're crazy, please understand that.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Noodle nights are back in swing! Second day back to school and we're already cooking again! This time we used MB's kitchen, due to the fact that I have no air... but oh to have those family dinners again, love it! Nate whipped up a sausage and pepper noodle dish and we had quite the gathering in MB's kitchen.
and let me add, that Nate's dinner, as usual was delish! Even without the noodles. It totally beats caf food anyday.