"The world is but a canvas to the imagination." -HDT

Monday, June 28, 2010

Phone Failure.

Nate's phone hates my phone and refuses to space the words in the texts that he sends me.  Soeveythingrunstogetherlikethis,understand? Which can be trouble when he texts me in German like he often does.  Today I brought up the issue of his space key and he didn't understand what I was trying to say to him.  His response to my complaint was in German, of course.  So I had to google translate it... which is much harder than expected since I don't know where the spaces go in the words.

I've spent an hour attempting to translate his text:
hmmmmmichvertehedichnicht. hastduvergangenheitsbewarltigungdann?

and these are the multiple results:
try one: ich verste dich nicht. hast du vergangen heis bewaelti gung dann?
translation: I do not understand. Did you cope with supply heist gone then?

try two: ich verste dich nicht. hast du vergangen heis bewae ltigung dann?
translation: I do not understand. Have you gone about hot irrigated management then?

try three: ich verste dich nicht. hast du vergangen heis bewaeltigung dann?
translation: I do not understand. Have you gone about hot coping then?

try four: ich verste dich nicht. hast du vergangen heis be waeltigung dann?
translation: I do not understand.  Have you gone about hot resolving conflicts be then?

eventually I just gave up and called Nate asking him what it meant.  He said he forgot but I refuse to give in! I've spent the last hour continuing to translate this text just to see the results of it.  Who knew German could be so complicated? Sheesh.

So it you're reading this and you happen to know what it means, let me know :)

Happy Monday, loves!!
xoxo
-Anya:)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Hehe...just came across your blog...hilarious. I have German in me, and know just how difficult that language can be- LET alone TEXTING!!!! Wow...that takes talent;)
Isn't the good ol' phone sometimes just so much easier?:0
Have a wonderful day...I will be back:)
dawn

Anya said...

Hello Dawn,
Hahaha, German always throws me for a loop, even though I grew up hearing it all the time- I'm glad I'm not the only one :) Thanks for your sweet comment! Just looked through your blog as well, so super cute!!
Have a fabulous night!
-Anya:)

Anonymous said...

Lol, your bro is like the poster child for why you shouldn't eat cow hormones. he's so huge

Anya said...

bahahahahahahaha!!!
this made me laugh so hard!
thank you Anonymous for making my night!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails