"The world is but a canvas to the imagination." -HDT

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Need You Now

"It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now..."

Last night was one of those nights when you feel like the whole world is crashing on you.  Nate and MB always tell me to call or text them whenever I felt this way so they could help me.  I always felt guilty calling them because it usually hits late at night, but for once, I called Nate anyway.  It amazes me that no matter what time of night it is, he always picks up the phone, even if he is groggy with sleep. Hearing him call me kiddo and telling me that he's got my back, that he's praying for me, and that I'm not alone, makes me feel better in just a few minutes.  Sometimes we all just need that reassurance that our family is always with us in spirit, even if they are really 45 minutes away from you.  I'm blessed to be the "little sister" of such a devoted boy, the kind who always picks up the phone even if it does interrupt his sleep. It doesn't matter what time of night it is, we could all set aside a little time for the people we love when they really need us. Often I feel like I'm the only one who needs the help but I've learned that the endless support that Nate and MB give me, only makes us stronger. Us, as a whole.  We have all learned from each other and we've all learned to give love no matter what the circumstance and no matter what time it is. That's what God expects of us, and that's what we must do for Him and for each other.  It's giving world, we just have to open up our hearts to it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Nate are so lucky to have each other. So many people hope for a friendship like yours once in their lives and you're lucky you found it at such a young age. Look out for each other and never let your love fade. Love the blog, keep it up!
-Chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails